Those who want to witness the glorious sight of lovely, healthy growing discus fish in the tank need to stop depending on tropical fish foods or flake food as the main diet for the fish. Beef, veal, turkey heart, fish fillets, shrimps and liver of beef/ turkey should constitute the main ingredients of discus fish food. The tropical fish food should only be used as a supplement, so as to vary the discus fish diet. However, flake food added to the rest of the ingredients helps to hold them really well. Let us move ahead to some discus fish food recipes, which are well balanced and provide the right amount of nutrition. Moreover, these recipes also prevent constipation in fish.
Recipe 1: Veal Heart
- Veal heart – It is smaller and more tenders than Beef heart; should be rinsed well in cold water and cleaned of blood vessels and fat.
- Spinach – Take one 10 ounce packet of frozen spinach; thaw and squeeze out the water.
- Garlic – 6 cloves.
- Flake food – 3 large handfuls of any type of dry flake food. Flakes hold the mixture really well.
- Oats – 1 cup quaker oats.
- Gelatin or Gel Food – 1 small box of unflavored gelatin.
- Multi-vitamins – Wash off the protective coating of 6 multi-vitamins and dunk them in a small cup of water. They will break into a soup consistency.
Blend all these ingredients into a food processor and store the paste in freezer bags. The mixture should be around